Magnolia Lane DSP Explosion Box
July 23, 2019
I have one more project to show you that showcases the beautiful designer series paper from the Good Morning Magnolia bundle. The paper is called Magnolia Lane and it is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color combination of Petal Pink and Mossy Meadow. And, don't get me started on how fabulous this Petal Pink organdy striped ribbon is!
This project is another oldie but a goodie. It's had a number of different names over the years like box card, card in a box and explosion box. This is a quick and easy card/box that makes a BIG statement.
The box measures only 2.5" x 2.5". It's the perfect fit for the tea light birthday cake!
For the bottom:
- Cut a 7.5" x 7.5" piece of cardstock
- Score @ 2.5" and 5"
- Rotate cardstock 90 degrees and score again at 2.5" and 5"
- In the 4 corners, create a diagonal score to the horizontal score line
- Burnish and fold all score lines to create the box.
For the top:
- Cut a 4.25" x 4.25" piece of cardstock (or my preference is designer series paper)
- Score @ 7/8" on all 4 sides
- Cut a line from the edge to the scoreline in all 4 corners.
- Fold in corners and adhere to side panels to create the lid.
I hope you enjoyed today's project. As always, I appreciate you stopping by!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.
The comments to this entry are closed.
I can’t with this cuteness!!!!
Posted by: Cassandra Perez | July 25, 2019 at 08:29 PM